Re: Peering at review

In a message dated 10/22/02 12:45:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
TiJaWi@agron.iastate.edu writes:

<< That logic doesn't stick.  The appearance of species does not always lead
 explosive speciation.  >>

I'm not even talking about explosive speciation, I'm talking about, say, the
number of species that stand between a group and its nearest sister group.
There's only one species of aardvark (afaik), but to get to the aardvark from
its closest relative demands a few dozen species as "missing links."