Re: Peering at review

Brian Lauret (zthemanvirus@hotmail.com) wrote:

<My question is: Does this also apply to the macroscelideans? I seem to
remember these are classified as afrotheres as well.They don't seem to.
Anyway, can Bibymalagasia be considered afrothere? And what about
Eurotamandua and it's grouping,the Afredentata?Quite difficult with all
these new & extinct mammalian clades i guess...>

  Macroscelidea has been grouped with afrotheres, but solely on genetic
analysis. Other phylogenies, genetic and morphological, place them at the
base of Glires or as its sister group, and another at the base of
Archonta. Macroscelidea are specific in their anatomy even in fossil
forms, but I will need to review my references to get back to you on that.
As for *Pseudorycteropus* ("order" Bibymalagasia), I have no knowledge of
it's phylogenetics. Same for *Eurotamandua*, etc....

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden