Re: Mesozoic Dinosauria Systematics and Zen

At 14.34 23/10/02 +0100, you wrote:

> From: Stephan Pickering <stefanpickering2002@yahoo.com>
>
> For those are resistant to the idea that dromaeosaurs
> were, often feathered and secondarily flightless, and
> continue to publish such dictums...or that there is no
> morphological/paleontological/philosophical rationale
> for discussions of living dinosaurs in this forum... I
> offer Chikan Zenji, circa C.E. 850:
> The shadow of the bamboo sweeps the stair all night
> long,
> yet not a mote of dust is stirred.
> The moonbeams penetrate to the bottom of the pool,
> yet in the water not a trace is left

I'm sure I speak for us all when I say: "Huh?"

It should be a C'han (Zen) Poem, shouldn't it?
You can give it lots of meanings (mostly wrong , as Zen is experience, not reasoning).
To me, however it might imply that who posted it perhaps feels he knows the truth much better than others.
Another Zen guy, Fumon (1302-1369), wrote:

"Great!  Great!
No one knows the last word..."

Ok, Ok, don't time-out me, I know I have to stop it here and now!!
Cheers,

                                        Silvio Renesto

_ "When they hear of the Way, The highest minds hurry up to practice it; The average minds think about it They sometimes feel it real and sometimes not; The lowest minds laugh at it. If they did not laugh at it, It would not be the Way."

                                (Lao Tzu)

Silvio Renesto

Dipartimento di Scienze della Terra
Università degli Studi di Milano