Re: How Did Hadrosaurs Survive? (Was: Hadrosaur "mummy" questions)

the predators were
> faster, stronger and probably smarter than their prey: so what _could_
> a poor hadrosaur do once a tyrannosaur had decided to eat it?
But as I understand it, there's no reason to think a
> hadrosaur could outdistance a tyrannosaur.
>
> So what am I missing?
Dear Mike and List,

    It seems to me that the general opinion of duckbills, is that they where
the equivalent of domesticated farm animals. When a predator got through the
fence, they just stood there as one by one they where decimated.
    TMK, All of the duckbills grew as large, or in some  cases, much larger
than thier predators. If you want to see something really cool, visit The
Dinosaur Museum in Blanding, Utah. They have a hadrosaur mummy with thick
dorsal and caudal spikes that measure over eight inches tall. Add to that a
powerful well muscled tail, dense scales, and you have a dinosaur with some
fire power. I can just imagine a T-Rex running into a 15 meter lambeosaur,
jaws agape, only to have the crap slapped out of it by the duckbill's
lashing multi tonne tail.
    I guess my point is that these animals could probably take care of
themselves. I personally believe that like in all modern carnivores,
tyrannosaurs mostly preyed on the young, sick and the old, ...like lawyers.

Cliff Green