Re: Peering at review (Triassic dino-birds)

In a message dated 10/25/02 11:51:47 AM EST, TiJaWi@agron.iastate.edu writes:

<< Sure, these Triassic dino-birds might have existed - I'm not saying they
 didn't.  But when this fact is coupled with (a) the absence of
 arboreal/scansorial/glissant adaptations in any known basal dinosaur or
 basal theropod and (b) the earliest known flying dinosaur (_Archaeopteryx_)
 is very primitive by avian standards, then I think we can be forgiven for
 avering that the absence of arboreal gliders with dinosaurian affinities
 from the Permo-Triassic record might well be real. >>

And Protoavis is what...?