Re: How Did Hadrosaurs Survive? (Was: Hadrosaur "mummy" questions)

From: John Bois <jbois@umd5.umd.edu>

Ha!  I was going to say that.  However, by "prey" here, you mean
photosynthetic plankton, right?

Yes, I meant phytoplankton. I'm looking here at an inverted pyramid of biomass in the English Channel. Phytoplankton make up 0.4 g dry wt/m^2, zooplankton make up 1.5 g dry wt/m^2, and pelagic fish (the primary carnivores) make up 1.8 g dry wt/m^s. As I said before, the inversion is made possible by the high rate of proction by the producers.
Righty-o!

Jordan Mallon

Vertebrate Paleontology & Paleoecology

Website: http://www.geocities.com/paleoportfolio/