Re: Tarchia

the material Tim is referring to are all specimens that are referred to Tarchia
gigantea by Tumanova. However, as I will show elsewhere, there is considerable
doubt on this. In fact, there is doubt that T. gigantea (especially the skull)
is even assigned to the correct genus.

Kenneth Carpenter, Ph.D.
Curator of Lower Vertebrate Paleontology &
Chief Preparator
Dept. of Earth Sciences
Denver Museum of Natural History
2001 Colorado Blvd.
Denver, CO 80205

Fax: (303)331-6492
email: KCarpenter@DMNS.org
Please be advised that this email and
your reply may be monitored by the
Denver Museum of Nature and Science.

>>> "Tim Donovan" <msdonovan66@hotmail.com> 28/Oct/02 >>>

>From: "Ken Carpenter" <KCarpenter@dmns.org>
>To: <padron@stud.ntnu.no>, <dinosaur@usc.edu>
>Subject: Re: Tarchia, Silvisaurus, Panoplosaurus
>Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 08:52:55 -0700
>
>Tarchia is based mostly on cranial material,

    I'm sure at least one club is known, and various limb elements and
pieces of armor. IIRC PIN 551-29 consists of postcranial elements and a
nearly complete postcranial skeleton lies uncollected to this day at
Khermeen Tsav, over 30 years after the skull (PIN 3142/250 ) was collected.

>I'm trying to find skeletal information on these, and all i can find is
>skull images.
>Does anybody on the list have a as-full-as-possible skeletal diagram on
>one or more of these species?
>or know the exact list of what bones are actually known for Silvisaurus
>and Panoplosaurus (i know Tarchia's supposed to be fairly complete)
>
>I'd appreciate any info, especially detailed skeletal diagramms.
>Thanks a lot id advance!
>
>--------Øyvind M. Padron--------
>http://the_dinosauria.tripod.com

Broadband? Dial-up? Get reliable MSN Internet Access.