Re: How Did Hadrosaurs Survive? (Was: Hadrosaur "mummy" questions)

>>> "Cliff Green" <dinonaut@emerytelcom.net> 27/Oct/02 >>>
 I'm
still waiting for the answer to my stokesosaurus question. I will pout like
a little girl, ( yes I have a little girl ) intil it is answered.

Arms folded in the corner Cliff

so pout. Most theropod workers are at GSA.

Chure described the braincase with Madsen in 1998 (JVP 18:115-125) and
concluded: "Stokesosaurus may be the earliest itemirid, the earliest
tyrannosaurid, or a lineage that independently reached a comparable level of
basicranial organization. Unfortunately the limited amount of known
Stokesosaurus material does not allow for choosing among these alternatives."

Kenneth Carpenter, Ph.D.
Curator of Lower Vertebrate Paleontology &
Chief Preparator
Dept. of Earth Sciences
Denver Museum of Natural History
2001 Colorado Blvd.