Re: How Did Hadrosaurs Survive?

No, lions do hunt young and weakened adult elephants for food, not
to mention a baby jumbo! Rhinos and hippos aren't safe too, although
lions' attack on hippos is extremely rare.

> Sharks don't hunt whales, eagles don't hunt bison, and its likely that
> tyrannosaurus wouldn't want to tackle something much larger than them.

The point is, the largest hadrosaurs are not really too much bigger
than Tyrannosaurus. Even if T. rex was a solitary hunter, I dun
think Lambeosaurus is safe from attack. And I dun think a pair of
T. bataar had a difficult time in trying to take down a Shantungosaurus.
I think your argument can be better applied on Argentinosaurus vs
Giganotosaurus. Argentinosaurus was probably 15 times heavier than
Giganotosaurus, so unless gigans hunted in pack consisting of 10 or
more individuals and their attack was extremely well-organized (which
seems unlikely due to their crocodilian brains), Argentinosaurus
was probably next to invincible.