RE: How Did Hadrosaurs Survive?

From: "Brian Lauret" <zthemanvirus@hotmail.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: RE: How Did Hadrosaurs Survive?
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 20:05:10 +0000

From: "Williams, Tim" <TiJaWi@agron.iastate.edu>
To: "'Tim Donovan '" <msdonovan66@hotmail.com>
CC: "'dinosaur@usc.edu'" <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 14:07:39 -0600

Tim Donovan wrote:

> Euoplocephalus was adapted to the smaller Albertosaurus and failed to > survive alongside T. rex.

I guess T. rex invented the electric drill. I can't see any other way that
a tyrannosaur could bore through ankylosaur armor.

As I wrote before, Ankylosaurus evolved extra armor lacking in Euoplocephalus. Some recent studies strongly suggest tyrannosaurs attacked ankylosaurs. With its robust teeth, T. rex as likely more proficient at this.

Maybe Tyrannosauruswas able to turn lighter ankylosaurs on their backside,while larger ones are too heavy.

No, they didn't need to.

Wil je je beveiligen tegen Ongewenste Post? Klik hier voor tips http://www.msn.nl/services/hotmail/ongewenst/

Surf the Web without missing calls! Get MSN Broadband. http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/freeactivation.asp