Re: Silesaurus' Age

In a message dated 10/31/02 12:29:51 PM EST, MKIRKALDY@aol.com writes:

<< The same site has produced the index taxa _Paleorhinus_ (a phytosaur),
_Metoposaurus_, and other taxa indicative of a Carnian, not Ladinian, age,
based on global terrestrial tetrapod biostratigraphy.  See:

 Dzik, J. 2001. A new _Paleorhinus_ fauna in the Early Late Triassic of
Poland.  Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology 21(3): 625-627.

 This message paraphrased from an e-mail from Spencer Lucas. Feel free to
pass it on to the list.  Looks like we're gonna hafta wait a bit longer for
Ladinian dinosaurs! >>

Something on one of the Polish websites suggested to me that the newfound
dinosaurs are from a horizon from about the same locality but >lower< than
the one described in that article. This needs to be checked.