Re: Epidendrosaurus, Systematic Observations pt. 1

Mike Keesey (keesey@bigfoot.com) wrote:

<Those are some long arms! The paper dismisses the idea that it could
engage in flapping flight because the manus is too long. What does the the
list think?>

  I think the shoulder girdle, which is plesiomorphic and resembles that
of *Compsognathus* and *Sinosauropteryx*, lacking the lateral glenoid,
distally expanded scapula indicating it was situated on the lateral
rib-cage, no acromion "prong", as well as any evidence of a semi-lunate
(if adult) would seriously hamper this. If juvenile, we would need to see
the adult, which may be more explanatory in this respect. The ulna is also
sigmoid, rather than bowed outward along its length. Curious....

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden