Re: If not "Raptors," then what?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Noel D. Hill" <ndexohill@imageantics.com>

> I always thought it was dromaeosauridea, a family of the microorder
> maniraptoria, infraorder tetanurae.

The only time I've seen a microorder was in The Dinosaur Society Dinosaur
Encyclopedia (Don [sic] Lessem & Donald F. Glut, Random House 1993, also
called the Dinosaur Blunder Book); there Maniraptora is a microorder of
microorder Coelurosauria, leading its own inflation of ranks ad absurdum.
Maniraptor_i_a was suggested by HP Nick J. Pharris onlist in March 2001 as a
grammatically more correct spelling.