RE: Stephen & Silvia Czerkas's new book

Ronald Orenstein wrote:

> And they're quite something!  Is Czerkas really arguing that
> dromaeosaurs  are not part of the dinosaur lineage at all, but
> descended (along with  birds) from a non-dinosaurian archosaur?  That
> Velociraptor isn't even part of the dinosaur clade?

Sounds like it...

"This compelling evidence refutes the popular interpretation of birds
evolving from dinosaurs by revealing that dromaeosaurs were already birds
and not the non-avian theropod dinosaurs, as previously believed."

The lengths people will go to in order to find an alternative to the
dinosaur-bird link.  I've seen more different (and bizarre) positions than
the Karma Sutra.

Tim