Re: It's here...The Czerkas book

<<Haifangou Formation, middle to late Jurassic.>>

  In reference to the post David is replying to, this is part of the
Daohugou fauna and the Daohugou Formation, mispelled earlier. For
*Scansoriopteryx*, anyway. As for the publication date, published date is
not the same as actual release, as in the case of the infamous _Canadian
Journal of Earth Sciences_ dinosaur volume 30, which was dated 1993, but
released 1994. What is the actual release date for this volume? I ask this
because I think it more a neccessary particular for this publication (ISSN
number?) to establish synonymy. If in fact the two specimens are
conspecific (the other is, of course *Epidendrosaurus*). And not that I
wouldn't want to see the name replaced, but there are considerations.

  Incidentally, for an animal apparently without wings (sensu my
observations on the juvenile Epidendro) the use of the appositive noun
-_pteryx_ is interesting and ... perhaps ... politically motivated.
Otherwise, I am glad to see Gerhard Heilmann honored with a perhaps
appropriate theropod dinosaur, whatever Czerkas' view on the nature of
dromaeosaurids in systematics.

<How sure is that age? Is it really not just a lateral continuation of the
Jehol Group?>

  Apparently it underlies the Jehol, and is really probably quite Liassic
in nature. Where, do not know. Same problems in dating as this is a new
fauna as we see in the Jehol today.

<<Archaeovolans repatriates.>>

<-es? Not -us?>

  Not only that, not a noun in sight. The etymology is scary....

<<Omnivoropteryx sinousaorum>>

  I gather the specific epithet honors China and the US? "Sino-" + "USA" +
"-orum"....

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden