RE: It's here...The Czerkas book

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
Jaime A. Headden
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 5:11 PM
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Cc: david.marjanovic@gmx.at
Subject: Re: It's here...The Czerkas book

<<Haifangou Formation, middle to late Jurassic.>>

  In reference to the post David is replying to, this is part of the
Daohugou fauna and the Daohugou Formation, mispelled earlier.<<

Ah, DOOHHH!!!

<<Archaeovolans repatriates.>>

<-es? Not -us?>

Ah, DOOHHH again!!!

  Not only that, not a noun in sight. The etymology is scary....

<<Omnivoropteryx sinousaorum>>

  I gather the specific epithet honors China and the US? "Sino-" + "USA" +
"-orum"....

Yes.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden

  Little steps are often the hardest to take.  We are too used to making
leaps in the face of adversity, that a simple skip is so hard to do.  We
should all learn to walk soft, walk small, see the world around us rather
than zoom by it.

Tracy L. Ford
P. O. Box 1171
Poway Ca  92074