Re: It's here...The Czerkas book

<But according to the Code, it must stand. As a noun.>

  Oh, of course. I do not disagree. If it is valid, it stands. I worry
about museum publications with printed dates, especially such new ones,
but if valid, I will not question. My problem was with the etymology,
really. Bad, bad grammar. In fact, only two of the five proposed names
appears to actually be constructively "proper" -- *Utahdactylus kateae*
and *Pterorhynchus wellnhoferi* -- largely because they have nouns in
them. The proper noun is, I understand, _pteron_, with the verb form
_pterygos_ or _pteryga_, whereas _pteryx_ is a feminine variation of the
masculine _pterygos_. It is, I understand it, to be used in conjunction
with a noun. In this sense, even *Archaeopteryx* is erroneous.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden