Re: GLOBAL WILDFIRES 65 MILLION YEARS AGO

There have been serious suggestions that both the Chicago fire and a
simultaneous
fire that severely damaged a town  a hundred miles or so west of Chicago were
ignited by a meteor storm that occured that night.  I express no personal
opinion
re the validity of that hypothesis.  There is a also grazing impact site in
Argentina dating to about 15,000 years ago that may have caused fires for a
considerable distance downrange.