Re: Archaeoraptor et al.

Mickey Mortimer's 22 April 2001 post re: this taxon,
then un-named, is what I would point to as an
excellent, phylogentically rigorous analysis which I
shall use when the Czerkas compendium arrives. Since
his message, to be sure, Julia Clarke's May 2002
dissertation is, at this writing, the only rather
thorough analysis of Ichthyornis and related taxa +
the Ostrom compendium.
I do not believe I have miscategorized dinogeorge's
classificatory schemes, since, by his usage, he does
not accept the factuality of "birds" being theropods.