Re: It's here...The Czerkas book

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jaime A. Headden" <qilongia@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 2:11 AM

> David Marjanovic (david.marjanovic@gmx.at) wrote:
>
> <<Haifangou Formation, middle to late Jurassic.>>
>
>   In reference to the post David is replying to, this is part of the
> Daohugou fauna and the Daohugou Formation [...]

I've just found the description of *Jeholopterus*. There it says under
"Locality and horizon": "Daohugou, Ningcheng, Inner Mongolia, China. Lower
Yixian Formation; Early Cretaceous". According with this, "Etymology" says
"[t]he generic name is derived from the famous type specimen-bearing Jehol
group". Does it say in the *Pterorhynchus* paper why its authors disagree on
formation and age? Or don't they disagree, and the outcrop in that place is
so thick that there are two formations, Yixian above Daohugou?