Re: Dinosaur Genera List update #192

In a message dated 9/7/02 12:43:12 PM EST, Dinogeorge@aol.com writes:

<< Right. "Avian theropod" is definitely a better way of putting it, and
that's
 the classification I'll use for taxa I excludable from my dinosaur catalogue
 because they are birds. >>

Actually, it's conceptually simpler to write "Aves > Ornithurae" or something
similar in such cases. Or maybe Avialae > Ornithurae, leaving Aves to serve
for just the modern birds, the way Linnaeus had it. Only problem is that
Avialae may include some animals that might be called dinosaurs by the
average man in the street.