Re: Illustrations as research tools (was Re: Archaeoraptor et al.)

>Another example sprung to mind last night--the skull of
 Dromiceiomimus. The drawing (which I've seen eproduced in popular and
scientific works, including The Dinosauria") is based upon an extremely
crushed and distorted skull<
Which is also the reason why my Archosaurus skull reconstruction wasn't
based upon other reconstructions, but images of the preserved cranial
elements...which is why it looks so weirdly different.
http://dinodomain.com/archosaurusskull.html
Peace,
Rob

Student of Geology