Re: Libraries and Journals (was RE: Dinosaur Museum Journal)

That is true enough.  Our university library, awarded recently as one of the
more progressive in the country, is suspending literally HUNDREDS of journals
this year.  As Tom said, government is no better off, in fact worse here in
North Carolina.  Our museum was one thin hair's breadth away this year from
suspending every single subscription, and is still hoping for sponsors and bake
sales to subsidize.  Contrast this against the situation that new titles are
proliferating and number of articles published is rising exponentially in
science generally.

Jeff

Jeffrey Alan Bartlett
Graduate Student in Paleoecology
Assistant to the Director
Center for the Exploration of the Dinosaurian World
North Carolina State University | North Carolina State Museum of Natural
Sciences

Box 8208, Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
Raleigh, North Carolina 27695-8208
jabartle@unity.ncsu.edu
(919) 515-7917