Re: new book

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Farlow" <farlow@ipfw.edu>
To: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2002 9:28 AM
Subject: new book

> P.S.  And in case you just LOVE varanids (and who on this list doesn't),
Eric Pianka is putting together a big book about extant varanid biology for
IU Press.  (Couldn't resist a plug)

Oooooooh *drools* Can't wait, varanids (especially Various giganteus AKA the
Perentie of which their is an impressive individual at the Dallas zoo I've
known for years) are some of my all time favorite animals.  They're just so
graceful, beautiful, ferocious, agile, strong, even intellgient.  Will the
book have a lot of color photos?  I like De Lisle's "Natural History of
Monitor Lizards" but it'd be even better with more photos.