Re: Who says dromaeosaurs can't fly?

Stephen Pickering (StephanPickering@cs.com) wrote:

<The late scholar Gershom Scholem once said: Science/philosophy/art is
the deliberate misuse of language specifically designed for that purpose.>

  This is slightly misquoting the man, whose work was the use of language
and philosophy in religious thought (and notable for reinterpreting the
Torah):

  He wrote: "Philosophy is the deliberate use of language specifically
designed for that purpose." Though he considered art an aspect of this,
and any science derives from a philosophical standpoint, science today has
nothing of the philosophical basis except in the quality of testing,
explicit though it may be. We are a bit more serious than _then_.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden