RE: Who says dromaeosaurs can't fly?

At 10:01 AM 17/09/02 +0100, Michael Lovejoy wrote:
the
spray of feathers on the end of Cryptovolans' tail may well serve the same
function as the diamond-shaped bit on Rhamphorynchus. Not sure what this was
used for, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't for anything terrestrial!

How can you be sure that it didn't serve a display function, either in addition to or instead of an aerodnamic one?

Also, as all extant birds have a pygostyle NO extant bird has a long tail with a tuft on the end.

--
Ronald I. Orenstein Phone: (905) 820-7886
1825 Shady Creek Court