Re: Kong Tyrannosaurus

RESPONSE: Dan, I am neither confused, nor afflicted
with ocular dysfunction. The 1933 tyrannosaur was
deliberately made so that it lacked the obviously
visible teeth on known tyrannosaur skulls; and, as
Marcel Delgado told me (as we looked at his
photographs)they were made shorter, thinner, when
compared to the AMNH skull he had stills of (sent by
Barnum Brown). During the course of the entrance into
the glade, e.g., the teeth are seen, but compare this,
e.g., with Phil Tippett's tyrannosaur as it comes
through the deactivated security fence. The
differences are stunningly obvious.I have the entire
1933 film on VHS (different version), laser disc, and
have an excellent reel-to-reel "super 8" print which I
have, using modern equipment,  examined carefully
frame-by-frame (the pegs-in-feet for the animation
tables is not news to me, Dan). The 1932 test-reel
tyrannosaur (the only segment of the lost test-reel to
survive into the final film, but which OBie wanted to
refilm with a refurbished theropod [back more
horizontal, tail off the ground, etc.])has "teeth",
but they are, as I have repeated stressed, NOT
accurate. Apart from the impossibly bipedal primate,
height/shape shifting throughout the film (cf. John
Hutchinson's work on tyrannosaur body mass for a cue
as to what I am alluding), an accurately constructed
tyrannosaur puppet of AMNH 5027 would precipitate the
realization that such a theropod, with 12+ inch teeth
(the film animal was ca. twice as big as AMNH 5027)and
a "nut-cracker"-like bite, would have have severed the
primate's arm off, and the kick, similarly, would have
resulted in disembowelment.
OBie/Delago's artwork, regardless of the inaccuracies,
is to be sure an undeniable part of dinosaurology
iconography. Sorry, Dan, but you'll have to try again.