Re: Kong/Tyrannosaurus

RESPONSE: I think you should sit down,  take a very
deep breath, and stop "reading into" my previous
comments assumptions not present nor maintained by me.
 I have seen and appreciated Mr Dunn's  video
frame-enlargements, and have frame-enlargements made
from a print of the film in my files.  My
interpolations are not mistaken: Marcel Delgado
designed the theropod with reduced, incorrect tooth
structure/number, in no way comparable to an actual
tyrannosaur maxilla/premaxilla/mandible.  The puppett,
thus, was nearly "toothless", i.e., except in frame
enlargements, the teeth (such as they are) are not
especially visible, were not correct in number/size.
Is this clear enough? Scaled up to the size in the
film (ca. twice as large as "Sue"), the tyrannosaur is
rendered a shrieking, ineffectual predator, negating
the reality of the biomechanics of tyrannosaur skulls
(with their quite visible dentition), as the
impossibly bipedal primate's arm would have been
bitten off. I have a 1992 beautiful, full front view
of the Stan Winston Studio tyrannosaur scale-model
designed by Mike Trcic (the prototype of the vinyl
model sold in 1993) before me,  and what is the first
thing one sees? The array of large, variably sized
teeth when the jaw is open (or even partially closed).
I have stood before Sue, and AMNH. Do the same, Mr
Varner.  Set alongside a similar photograph of the
1932 puppet, full front view, and  one sees in the
open-jawed puppet: teeth barely visible. I shall be,
to be sure, publishing these stills (among countless
others) in my book-in-progress, ALFRED RUSSEL
WALLACE'S KING KONG. I am not, to be sure,
unappreciative of these brilliant pioneers' thematic
artistry, just pointing out that you do not understand
the data and are using semantic choreography in trying
to rephrase my research.