Re: SVP Preview

  I admit to confusing Allain's statements previously. I guess the thesis
of megalosaurs/spinosaurs has been of some confusion lately.... duh.

<Also note that if Spinosauroidea is to contain Megalosaurus, then its
name must be Megalosauroidea, not Spinosauroidea. Megalosauridae at the
family level has considerable priority over Spinosauridae. See, e.g., my
letter to Science back in 1995 or 1996 (forget just which year it
appeared), when it was Spinosauroidea having priority over
Torvosauroidea.>

  What is the date for Megalosauridae? And I have a strong feeling that he
has just been referring "megalosaurs" to the group, but that
*Megalosaurus* will end up a nomen dubium, thus invalidating any
suprageneric taxa supported by the ICZN. Maybe he will tackle the issue of
"genera" and how real they actually are[n't] (depends on your philosophy;
me, I support Flynn et al. and Brochu in disposing of the concept of a
"genus" and just coining binomina for species).

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden