Charles R.Knight Sketchbook Vol. 2

       Just received my copy of Bill Stout's_Charles R. Knight Sketchbook
Vol. 2. This series is a must-have for all the artists here. The
draftsmanship is stunning. The man loved line. Standouts include a
Protoceratops skeletal study, an entelodon head anatomy, a Diatryma study
(the only one by Knight I've seen so far), a drawing of "Martha", the last
Passenger Pigeon at the Cincinnati Zoo, and a remarkable study of a
sabertoothed cat taking down prey in the fashion recently suggested by
Mauricio Anton. One lonely page featuring a skate and a ray with attached
remora reminds us of the little-known fact that Knight was one of our
greatest delineators of marine life (he spent his summers at Wood's Hole).
Thanks to Bill Stout for providing a marvelous source of inspiration. Go here
to order:
http://www.williamstout.com/catologue/BOOKS/BOOKS.HTML

       DV