Asiamericana

On researching Nessov 1995 for the Dinosaur Catalogue, I discovered that in
his Asiamericana description the "americana" part refers to just a single
tooth in the Maastrichtian of North America, illustrated by Estes 1964, fig
69b. He thought it referable to Asiamericana sp., an undefined North American
species. Sankey et al., 2002 referred this same tooth (whose cat no I don't
have) to Ricardoestesia isosceles. So maybe Asiamericana represents an
Asiatic theropod of whatever family Ricardoestesia belongs to. The photo of
the Asiamericana holotype tooth in Nessov 1995 reminded me of R. isosceles,
which is why I checked. Betcha Sankey et al don't know this yet.