Eremopezus

hi
I seem to remember that once upon a time on the list it was mentioned Eremopezus wasn't an aepyornithid,or even a ratite,but some sort of giant flightless neognath with prehensile toes instead.My question is: has this been verified and have Eremopezus' real relatives been proposed? (a gruiform or ciconiiform (sensu S&M) seems quite plausible to me,maybe some sort of shoebill relative?)If anyone knows,please let me know.

Brian