October US Broadcasts

Aloha all--I just got my A&E & THC e-mails of October listings, and these
shows may be of interest.

Chip

10/08/2002 & 10/12/2002 (A&E)

9:00 The Lost Dinosaurs of Egypt.  A group of American paleontologists set
out on a real-life "Indiana Jones" adventure and unearth what is now
recognized as a new species of dinosaur--"Paralititan Stromeri". A&E cameras
are there to document every step of the 7-week expedition through sandstorms
and the blazing hot sun of the Sahara Desert. CC  [TV G]

10/17/2002 (the History Channel)

11:00 Secrets of the Dinosaur Hunters.  O.C. Marsh and Edward Drinker Cope
were the America's first dinosaur hunters. In a frenzied race to find
dinosaur bones in the American Badlands, an intensely bitter and costly
rivalry developed between the scientists. We'll see how their animosity
spurred great accomplishments in the fledgling field of paleontology. CC  [TV
G]

10/21/2002 (the History Channel)

9:00 Dinosaur Secrets Revealed.  Dinosaurs roamed and ruled earth for more
than 140-million years, then suddenly vanished leaving only fossils to
fascinate and befuddle us. In a 2-hour unique approach to historical analysis
of these creatures, we don't focus on the latest technology or the most
controversial theory. Instead, we look chronologically at what we've gotten
wrong about dinosaurs throughout the short history of scientific study of
these magnificent, misunderstood creatures, and see where paleontologists are
digging today. CC  [TV G]