Re: Czerkas' book- Analysis and Criticisms

On Tuesday, October 1, 2002, at 12:20  PM, Tracy L. Ford wrote:

You attacked their scientific methodology, which IS an attack against the
authors themselves whether or not if you believe it, and get away with those
comments.

I don't want to take sides on this , but an attack on scientific methodology is legitimate, and not personal. The recent attacks on cladism on this list were attacks on methodology - nothing wrong with that. Pointing out that someone may be using flawed basic methodology is not a personal attack.

It seems to be the feeling of some on this list that we should not examine - or discuss - basic methodology. Why?

John Conway, Palaeoartist

"Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman

Systematic ramblings: http://homepage.mac.com/john_conway/
Palaeoart: http://homepage.mac.com/john_conway/_palaeoart.html