RE: Czerkas' book- Analysis and Criticisms

-----Original Message-----
From: John Conway [mailto:john_conway@mac.com]
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 7:46 PM
To: dino.hunter@cox.net; dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: Czerkas' book- Analysis and Criticisms

On Tuesday, October 1, 2002, at 12:20  PM, Tracy L. Ford wrote:

> You attacked their scientific methodology, which IS an attack against
> the
> authors themselves whether or not if you believe it, and get away with
> those
> comments.

I don't want to take sides on this<<

Yea right :)

>> but an attack on scientific
methodology is legitimate, and not personal. The recent attacks on
cladism on this list were attacks on methodology - nothing wrong with
that. Pointing out that someone may be using flawed basic methodology
is not a personal attack.<<

The way it was written (poorly for being a scientific rebuttal) was more of
an attack against the authors then their scientific methodology.

>>It seems to be the feeling of some on this list that we should not
examine - or discuss - basic methodology. Why?<<

You haven't been on the list a real long time have you :)

John Conway, Palaeoartist

Tracy L. Ford
P. O. Box 1171
Poway Ca  92074
PS. I love your Edaphosaurus and Kronosaurus. I'l have to check and see if I
have you on my web site, if not I'll add you.