Re: Majungatholus: Apparent Cannibal

<The differences you describe might be due to ontogeny rather than to
phylogeny (so to speak).>

  I can comment that the similarities of the jaws in juvenile and aduilt
*Coelophysis*, *Allosaurus*, and *Albertosaurus* would rule this out.
Fully ossified and developed jaw structure would argue further against
juvenile nature. There are also no similarities between the two that are
not carnotaurine or abelisaurid, as I explained. I ask others to find
more, if they would. That the jaws are of dissimilar size seems to be the
thing keeping to the idea here they were ontogentic variants, or am I
off-base?

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden