Re : RE: "running" elephants

Hi all
I don't know a lot about biomechanics (to say the least), but...
I remember this film (actually my favorite) called "Hatari" where you can see
real elephants "running", both adult and especially young ones. Apart from the
fact that they seem to "run" a bit more lightly than the adult, the movements
of the young are exactly the same (no SFX in the film). I mean, it's the same
type of moving the legs. Just looks like a fast walking to me (I'm no expert).
So if it's true for a two or three hundred kilos baby elephant, the scale might
be the same for big quadrupedal dinosaurs.
Cheers
Jean-Michel