Re: On "Colossal" squid

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dino Rampage" <dino_rampage@hotmail.com>
To: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2003 6:35 AM
Subject: On "Colossal" squid

> First we finally
> start unravelling the secrets of one of our last great monsters, now it
has
> to suffer the double indignity of being dethroned by some upstart who
makes
> researchers go ga-ga like kids on sugar to the media on how it could kick
> the former title-holder's a**. (This applies both to the giant squid &
> T-rex.) But I digress...

Meanwhile, the remaining 99.9 percent of marine biologists are thinking,
"Giant squid again?!! Why can't we waste our energy on something useful,
like the marine equivalent of hadrosaurs." ;-)

Andy
Andrew A. Farke
South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, Box P301
501 E. St. Joseph St.
Rapid City, SD  57701

Phone: 605-394-2817

E-mail: andyfarke@hotmail.com