Re: Kritosaurus australis (was Re: Carnotaurus)

I just wondered whether _K. navajovius_ & _K. australis_ are similar enough to warrant placing them in the same genus. (Yup, it's the same ol' genus debate thing again...) But _K. navajovius_ is a nomen dubium right? And while we're at it, what happened to _Naashoibitosaurus_ & _Anasazisaurus_?

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Nick Gardner" <ratites637@hotmail.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Kritosaurus australis (was Re: Carnotaurus)
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 11:00:20 -0500

Ivan Kwan wrote-
By the way, what is the age of _"Kritosaurus" australis? And is it different from _Secernosaurus koerneri_?

According to Bonaparte & Rougier, it was "of Late Cretaceous age, probably restricted to the Campanian - Maastrichtian".

Also, why do you place "Kritosaurus" in quotes? Do you doubt it being of that genus?

I have the paper for Bonaparte & Rougier's "The Late Cretaceous Fauna of Los Alamitos, Patagonia, Argentina, VII, The Hadrosaurs". However, it does not state what year it was published. Could somoene post onlist the complete citation?

Nick Gardner
Paleoartist
AIM Eoraptor22

Download Norah Jones, Eminem and more! http://www.msn.com.sg/ringtones/