Re: running humans

> Me? My PB at 100m is 10.7 s., my top speed is around 40.5 km/h. ;o)

40.5 km/h?!? Are you serious?!?

> > In December 2001 someone calculated onlist that at 2 steps per second
> > *T. rex* would have walked with 36 km/h... farewell, Dennis Nedry.
>
> One step of T. rex measured some 3.5-4 meters (rather than 5), IIRC?

Maybe it was strides, not steps... I forgot. But it is in the archives.

> > Probably it works for ostriches. And maybe for Viennese (walking with
> > 3 or 2 km/h is not a bad estimate). But otherwise... :-/
> I'm walking faster than that, most of the time over 2 m/s.(7.2 km/h).

You're not a Viennese. :-)

> BTW, I've read somewhere, that _A. huinculensis_ (and any 50+ tons
> sauropod for that matter) probably wasn't able to walk faster than
> just 6 km/h?

I haven't read that... why should there be such a restriction for animals
with such long legs?

> Reklama:
> Poctenicko pro kazdy den: http://www.novinky.cz

Just found:
www.mongolnews.mn

Though... I understand lots more in Czech news. :-)