Re: All about the Feet

Marius Romanus said:

"But... There are a few things that I obsess about when it comes to dinosaur restorations... One of these things happens to be sauropod feet. Can someone pleeeeease give me an adaquate explanation as to why in the world the people who do these CG renderings on these shows can't get the the front feet of sauropods even remotely correct???"

They haven't consulted the experts yet. Hmmm ... whom could I be referring to ... ? =) For anyone out there on the Discovery Channel, I'm your sauropod foot man! (shameless self promotion)

Seriously, though, for those curious, I have an article in press on the evolution of the sauropod manus, and I am waiting for several articles in review to come back to me on various sauropod foot and limb related items.

Hope everyone in dinoland is doing well. I've been off-list for awhile as my semester and life became quite busy. For those of you going to SVP, I plan to be there this year. I'll be submitting my abstract soon.

Take care,

Matthew F. Bonnan, Ph.D.
Department of Biological Sciences
Western Illinois University