Re: New Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology (March 2003): New dinosaurs and more

Steve Brusatte (dinoland@lycos.com) wrote:

<It wouldn't surprise me.  A photo of its pelvic girdle was published in
Allain and Suberbiola's Comptes Rendus Palevol. review of French
dinosaurs.  They also briefly discuss the specimen, and cite a 2001 book
on the dinosaurs of Languedoc, which reportedly included information on
the specimen.  Since that book is over a year old, it isn't too much of a
leap to imagine the specimen being discussed online.  I wonder if the book
referred to it as "Villeveyracosaurus"?>

  This reminds me to warn the list that 1) the _Comptes Rendus Palevol_
papers are technically unpublished, and 2) so is the _JVP_ 23 (1) issue,
and all its taxonomy, until the print version comes out. This may only be
a few days down the road. Though I can say, finally, NO THEROPODS! YAY!
(sorry ... a few more ornithischians in this issue than they usually
support :) ).

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden