Re: New Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology (March 2003): New dinosaurs and more

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 08:34:18
 Jaime A. Headden wrote:
>Steve Brusatte (dinoland@lycos.com) wrote:
>
><It wouldn't surprise me.  A photo of its pelvic girdle was published in
>Allain and Suberbiola's Comptes Rendus Palevol. review of French
>dinosaurs.  They also briefly discuss the specimen, and cite a 2001 book
>on the dinosaurs of Languedoc, which reportedly included information on
>the specimen.  Since that book is over a year old, it isn't too much of a
>leap to imagine the specimen being discussed online.  I wonder if the book
>referred to it as "Villeveyracosaurus"?>
>
>  This reminds me to warn the list that 1) the _Comptes Rendus Palevol_
>papers are technically unpublished, and 2) so is the _JVP_ 23 (1) issue,
>and all its taxonomy, until the print version comes out.

Absolutely right.  However, last I checked the Comptes Rendus Palevol. issue
(January, 2003) was changed from "articles in press" and listed as an official
issue on their online site.  I don't know if it has actually been released in
print version, though.  This suggests that is might have possibly been.

Steve

---
Stephen Brusatte
Geophysical Sciences