Re: LOST COMPSOGNATHID INTEGUMENT

Darren Naish:

>>I can confirm that some very odd things  can happen regarding integument
>>prior to, during and after  burial.

Importantly, corpses of furry/feathery animals can lose ALL of their
fur/feathers prior to burial.

Another thing that can happen (this time after burial) is total decomposition
of ALL integument even when autolithified internal organs remain.

Bottom line: we are looking at 'artificially naked' corpses, NOT live animals.
<<

Ditto due... Exactly what I was talking about not to long ago with the
variations in decompositional states I've personally come acroos in birds when
it comes to integument and beaks. Variational Decay Matters when it comes to
what is/not preserved.

Kris