Re: A slap on the hand

    Dear List,

    I live within 30 miles of some of the most pilfered sites in the
country. The cleveland Loyd being at the top. Here in Utah, the government
usually just makes deals with the fossil pirates to get the site location,
and the fossils back. ( No, I am not trying to slam anyone or any
institution with that comment. Government or otherwise. )
    Any kind of prosecution for fossil theft is better than nothing. At
least now the word is getting out. 8 grand in fines, 30 days in the hole,
two years probation, all of his fossils legally attained or not seized, and
a permanent criminal record is a pretty good slap in the face, IMO.

Cliff Green