Re: A slap on the hand [RANT]

Let's sorta end this thread now, until certain people get very angry.

  Pete Larson went to prison not due to collecting Sue; that was settled
with Maurice William's bid and the problems therein. There are MANY honest
collectors, dealers, etc.. There are probably more than a few dishonest
collectors and poachers, as well. This seems to have been how *Othneilia*
lost its head. The fact is, the biggest cruch for a fossil theif is where
they sought to gain ... in their pockets. The jail time was nothing, but
the fines should have been higher. One thinks twice when half of one's
income is going to support legit collection and institutions.

  Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden

  (PS: There should be a law that routes these collected fines into the
       USNM (Washington D.C.))

=====
Jaime A. Headden