Baghdad National Museum Looted

I don't know what museums are located in Baghdad so I don't know if
paleontological concerns are affected.

This is bad enough tho and does not bode well.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/2942449.stm

Thousands of valuable historical items from Baghdad's main museum have
been taken or destroyed by looters.

Nabhal Amin, deputy director at the Iraqi National Museum, blamed the
destruction on the United States for not taking control of the situation
on the streets.
A museum guard said that since Thursday, hundreds of looters had carried
away artefacts on carts and wheelbarrows.

The museum's deputy director said looters had taken or destroyed 170,000
items of antiquity dating back thousands of years.
The museum re-opened to the public six months ago - it had remained closed
since the beginning of the 1991 Gulf War.