Re: Herrerasaurus skin?

From: Dino Guy Ralph <dinoguy@sbcglobal.net>

The most basal reliable theropod integument would seem to be that of
_Carnotaurus_, which is tubercular in nature, with a distinct rosette >pattern.
See my post at <www.cmnh/dinoarch/1998Mar/msg00649.html> for >references.

What about _Aucasaurus_, then? I understand it's been reported to have preserved skin impressions, too. The authors of the formal description don't make mention of it in the paper, although I'm under the impression that Chiappe and Dingus make reference to it in their "Walking on Eggs" book.

Thanks for the GIANT let-down, Ralph! ;)

Jordan Mallon

Vertebrate Paleontology & Paleoecology

Website: http://www.geocities.com/paleoportfolio/
AIM: jslice mallon