From: "Roger Smith" <jollyroger@wave.co.nz>
To: <rtravsky@uwyo.edu>
CC: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Subject: Re: Baghdad National Museum Looted
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 09:45:12 +1200

Richard,

You may be interested to look at and contribute to, the FORUM section of
Global Museum.  http://globalmuseum.myikonboard.com

Just click on the topic link "the war in Iraq"

To quote a Canadian colleague - " I'm worried about the antiquities and
archaeological sites in Iraq. Not only are they in danger from the war, but
afterward, should a fundamentalist Islamic regime take power, they might
have no respect for these remnants of a past that they don't see as theirs."

or

from a colleague in the Middle East: " Is it really going to be finished
only with Iraq? As a person living in middle east and professionally
involved in conservation of cultural heritage, I should confess that here is
always a shadow of fear of unstable future"

best wishes
Roger
director@globalmuseum.org