Re: Museum of Northern Arizona update

 ptnorton@msn.com (Patrick Norton) writes:

<< I think it's safe to say that at the moment an exhibit of dinosaurs would
likely draw more of a crowd than an exhibit of hand woven baskets, at least
in the US.  That does not mean, to me however, that a museum should change
its mission from baskets to dinosaurs simply to chase revenues, at least not
without serious introspection. >>

       You forget that the Museum of Northern Arizona was the home base for
Ned Colbert for many, many years since his retirement from the American
Museum of Natural History. Any emphasis on dinosaurs and paleontology would
hardly constitute a change of mission to simply "chase revenues" by any
means. In fact, Colbert left an endowment to the museum as I understand it! I
still believe this is a case of cutting off one's nose to spite one's face.
Sorry. DV